The article by Katie Kuehner-Herbert linked below highlights several elements from the Large Employers’ 2018 Health Care Strategy and Plan Design Survey.
The health care industry is rapidly changing. Daily we hear of something new. We see changes in Washington, at the State levels and even some changes locally. The costs of supplying health care to employees for the average business is growing well beyond the rest of the business. To help combat this trend, we are starting to see businesses leverage new means for controlling costs and steer away from the traditional ways of the past. It is a fine line to walk down. As a business, cost containment is paramount. With employee acquisition and retention, having a quality health care plan in place is crucial. We need to find a way to keep costs and care in balance so that neither have a negative impact on the business.
Key Highlights from the 2018 Heath Care Strategy Survey include:
- Implementation of consumer-directed health plans.
- Exploring new ways to guide employees through the systems.
- Offering consumer-directed health plans.
- Raising awareness and management of pharmaceutical costs.
- Engaging telehealth services when state law allows.
- Promoting accountable care organizations.
- Supporting on/near site health centers.
- Utilizing centers of excellence for certain procedures.
This is a focused article that gets to the heart of what many businesses need to consider as we move together towards a very uncertain and potentially very costly future. For more ways to control rising health care costs, please contact us.